2021 National Scout Jamboree – July 21 – 30, 2021
Scouting’s flagship event is one-of-a-kind! It’s a gathering of approximately 35,000 Scouts, leaders, and staff that showcases everything that is great about the BSA and its members. Held every four years, the Jamboree is an amazing opportunity for participants, volunteers, and visitors to experience the best of Scouting, all in one place. Features include; one of the longest zip line courses in North America, a world-class skate park, ATV offerings, treetop canopy tours, rock climbing, patch trading, stadium shows, and much more!
The first Boy Scouts of America national jamboree was scheduled to be held in Washington, D.C., in 1935 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Scouting in America. Unfortunately, the jamboree was canceled because of a polio outbreak in Washington. When the first jamboree was finally held in 1937, Dan Beard lit the opening campfire using flint and steel. Scouts from all 48 states brought the wood that was used in the campfire. There were 27,232 Scouts camped on the National Mall under the Washington Monument. Since that time, an additional 18 national jamborees have been held, the last in 2017 at Summit Bechtel Reserve.
Every four years, Leatherstocking Council organizes a Jamboree Contingent for Scouts and Leaders to participate in this amazing one in a lifetime Jamboree. The Contingent consists of 2 units. This year units will include Male Troops and Female Troop.
Besides the Jamboree experience itself, there are costs that are incurred in preparation for the event. These costs include (but may not be limited to):
- Bus transportation to and from Jamboree with dedicated bus drivers.
- Jamboree training, meetings, and other events.
- Jamboree gear, including all troop/crew specific gear (flags, unit numerals, water bottles, hats, shirts, backpack, duffle bag, patches).
- Jamboree event fee.
- Dedicated Scouting professional and support staff to facilitate and assist in a successful Jamboree experience.
The Jamboree is open to all who are qualified on a first-come, first-served basis. Qualifications to attend the National Jamboree include:
- Registered member of a Scout Troop, who has completed the 6th grade, or will be at least 12 years old (but who has not yet reached their 18th birthday by 8/1/2021) and a first-class Scout by July 1, 2021. –OR–
- Registered member of a Venture Crew.
- Must live and abide by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Must abide by the Jamboree Code of Conduct.
At the time of registration, Scouts will be placed in a Jamboree troop/patrol. Each Scout will be a member of a patrol within their unit. Every contingent member will be required to participate in and have the following:
- Monthly troop meetings starting in March 2020
- A completed National Jamboree Medical form signed by a licensed physician
- Attend the all-contingent gathering.
- Attend a training encampment.
- All fees paid no later than March 1, 2021.
Adult leadership will need to apply for an Adult leader position. Please Contact the Utica Scout office if you are interested.
PRICING AND REGISTRATION
2021 Jamboree costs TBA. Jamboree fees include everything listed above. Other out-of-pocket expenses may include (but are not limited to) additional uniforms, patches, and spending money.
A non-refundable reservation fee of $100 must accompany the initial registration. Once you click on the registration button below, you will need to create an account in the Tentaroo Registration system for the Leatherstocking Council. Once you have completed that process, you will be prompted to register for the 2021 Jamboree. Follow the online instructions or go to Tentaroo Help. The 2021 Jamboree committee will assign all members to their specific patrol based on the number and availability of our male and female registrants. All assignments are final.
We highly suggest that regular payments be made, perhaps $200 per month or even quarterly payments. Full payment must be received no later than March 1, 2021, in order for the participant to attend. The following is the payment schedule for the 2021 National Jamboree (although more may be paid in advance):
Payment Schedule:( Tentative)
- $100 non-refundable per youth at the time of registration( Dec 31, 2019)
- Additional amount paid of $400 by 3/1/2020
- Additional amount paid of $500 by 07/01/2020 ( Total Paid $1000 )
- Additional amount paid of $500 by 12/01/2020
- $2000 non-refundable by 02/01/2021
If for some reason a participant is unable to attend, a refund may be considered minus the non-refundable amount. If for some reason a participant is unable to attend and is able to fill his/her spot with another eligible participant, a full refund minus the initial $100 deposit will be approved.
Council – 2021 Youth Jamboree Registration – July 21, 2021, to July 30, 2021
Additional information about the National Scout Jamboree can be found by clicking this link.