2019 National Youth Leadership Training
July 28 thru August 3, 2019 (Sunday-Friday) at Henderson Scout Reservation, Maryland NY
Our 2019 NYLT course will use the recently-updated national syllabus published by BSA. The course activities are carefully planned and build upon each experience throughout the six days; in other words everything is pre-programmed for the entire course. For this reason, it is not possible to accept a Scout or Venturer who cannot arrive on the first day at the scheduled beginning time and remain for the entire course.
Cost Per Participant: $250 before June 1, 2019. An additional fee of $35 will be charged for registrations received on or after June 1, 2019.
A $50.00 nonrefundable, but transferable (to another Scout) deposit is due with the initial registration.
Payment balance can be paid in installments of your own choosing, however payment must be made in full no later than two weeks before the course (by July 15, 2019) to be considered on-time.
The course fee covers all meals, campsite fees, program materials, two NYLT t-shirts, one NYLT cap, and more. Please note that there are no staff costs associated with the NYLT course because the entire NYLT staff is comprised of volunteer youth and adult leaders.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Up until two weeks prior to start of this course (July 15, 2019), cancellation fee of 25% of total reservation cost (minus nonrefundable deposit); after that, no refunds can be given.
HOW TO APPLY?
Register online with the following requirements:
- All participants should have completed the Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops/Crews or equivalent introductory leadership training prior to the NYLT course.
- All participants must be a youth member of their program for the duration of the NYLT course (Scouts: less than 18-yrs-old; Venturers: less than 21-yrs-old).
- Boy Scout applicants must be at least First Class and at least 13 years old by June 1, 2019.
- All Venturing and Exploring participants are eligible by virtue of the BSA membership requirements for their program
- Applicants should be in a unit leadership position currently or anticipate holding a leadership position within the next twelve months.
- Applicants must also have camping skills and experience equivalent to spending a week at summer camp.
Please email a current and complete copy (including insurance card) of your Annual Health and Medical Record form no later than two weeks prior to the start of the course (no later than July 15, 2019) to firstname.lastname@example.org with NYLT Medical as the subject line.
Note that all three parts of the form – A, B, and C – are required because the NYLT course is a “long-term” (>72-hrs) camping trip.
Please also bring a printed copy of the medical form as backup with you during registration for the course, along with all medications necessary in original packaging with your name written on them!
A personal equipment list similar to what most units use for summer camp will be included in the information package shared with each participant. Please make sure the Scout/Venturer and his/her parents look over this list so they know what equipment is allowed and what is not allowed in camp.