About the Council
The Boy Scouts of America began in 1910 and was chartered by Congress in 1916.
The Leatherstocking Council provides character development and leadership skills training to 1,700 Scouts in Delaware, Herkimer, Madison, Oneida, Otsego and Schoharie counties, as well as parts of Hamilton and Lewis counties. We also maintain and staff Camp Kingsley near Rome, NY for Cub Scouts and Camp Henderson near Cooperstown for Boy Scouts. In the interest of minimizing operational costs and eliminating duplicate services, the Leatherstocking Council was formed in 2016 following the successful merger of the Revolutionary Trails and Otschodela councils.