The Powderhorn District, covering western Oneida County and all of Madison County, is one of four districts in the Leatherstocking Council. The district serves a total of over 900 youth in 45 units.
The administrative functions of the district and its committees are overseen by the volunteer District Chairman, and the unit-service aspects of district operations are managed by the volunteer District Commissioner. The professional District Executive advises the district's top leadership, and serves as a sounding board for concerns. Together, these individuals make up the District Key-3.
District Leadership (Key-3)
District Committee Meetings take place on the second Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m. at the Madison-Oneida BOCES in the Tri-Plexus Seminar Room. Enter the BOCES complex from Tilden Hill Rd and enter the building through entry T8. For a campus map of the BOCES Center, please click here.
Information from our Committees
As we receive information from our subcommittees, items in this list will turn into clickable links for more information. Stay tuned!
- District Eagle Scout Listing
- STEM/NOVA Award Information
- District Membership Committee
- Chair: Shelley Major
- District Training Committee
- District Activities Committee
- District Fall Camporee
- District Cub Scout Events
- District Klondike/Gold Nugget Derby
- District Advancement Committee
- Chair: George Schmit
- District Commissioner's Corner
- District Commissioner: Robert Pletl, Jr.
|2017 JOTA and JOTI PRE Order.pdf||Download|