2023 National Scout Jamboree – July 19 – 28, 2023
Scouting’s flagship event is one-of-a-kind. It’s a gathering of tens of thousands of Scouts, leaders, and Jamboree Service Team members that showcases everything that is great about the Boy Scouts of America. Over the course of 10 summer days, once every four years, the Boy Scouts of America gathers together. Scouts and Scouters who attend will explore all kinds of adventures—stadium shows, pioneer village, Mount Jack hikes, adventure sports and more—in the heart of one of nature’s greatest playgrounds. With 10,000 acres at the Summit to explore, there’s no shortage of opportunities to build Scouting memories.
National Jamboree is the best of Scouting rolled into 10 days of friends, fun and adventure! You won’t want to miss out, get ready to Face the Challenge and sign up to attend the Jamboree!
The first Boy Scouts of America national jamboree was scheduled to be held in Washington, D.C., in 1935 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Scouting in America. Unfortunately, the jamboree was canceled because of a polio outbreak in Washington. When the first jamboree was finally held in 1937, Dan Beard lit the opening campfire using flint and steel. Scouts from all 48 states brought the wood that was used in the campfire. There were 27,232 Scouts camped on the National Mall under the Washington Monument. Since that time, an additional 19 national jamborees have been held.
Every four years, Leatherstocking Council organizes a Jamboree Contingent for Scouts and Leaders to participate in this amazing one-in-lifetime Jamboree.
Besides the Jamboree experience itself, there are costs that are incurred in preparation for the event. These costs include (but may not be limited to):
- Bus transportation to and from Jamboree with dedicated bus drivers.
- Jamboree training, meetings, and other events.
- Jamboree gear, including all troop/crew specific gear (flags, unit numerals, water bottles, hats, shirts, backpack, duffle bag, patches).
- Jamboree event fee.
- Dedicated Scouting professional and support staff to facilitate and assist in a successful Jamboree experience.
The Jamboree is open to all who are qualified on a first-come, first-served basis. Qualifications to attend the National Jamboree include:
- Registered member of a Scout Troop, who has completed the 6th grade, or will be at least 12 years old (but who has not yet reached their 18th birthday by 8/1/2023) and a first-class Scout by July 1, 2023. –OR–
- Registered member of a Venture Crew.
- Must live and abide by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Must abide by the Jamboree Code of Conduct.
At the time of registration, Scouts will be placed in a Jamboree troop/patrol. Each Scout will be a member of a patrol within their unit. Every contingent member will be required to participate in and have the following:
- Monthly troop meetings
- A completed National Jamboree Medical form signed by a licensed physician
- Attend the all-contingent gathering.
- Attend a training encampment.
- All fees paid no later than March 1, 2023.
Adult leadership will need to apply for an Adult leader position. Please Contact the Utica Scout office if you are interested.
PRICING AND REGISTRATION
2023 Jamboree costs $2000. Jamboree fees include everything listed above. Other out-of-pocket expenses may include (but are not limited to) additional uniforms, patches, and spending money.
A non-refundable reservation fee of $200 must accompany the initial registration. Once you click on the registration button below, you will need to create an account in the Tentaroo Registration system for the Leatherstocking Council. Once you have completed that process, you will be prompted to register for the 2023 Jamboree. The 2023 Jamboree committee will assign all members to their specific patrol based on the number and availability of our male and female registrants. All assignments are final.
We highly suggest that regular payments be made, perhaps $400 per month. Full payment must be received no later than March 1, 2023, in order for the participant to attend. The following is the payment schedule for the 2023 National Jamboree (although more may be paid in advance):
- $200 non-refundable per youth at the time of registration
- $700 payment Due January 15th, 2023
- $800 payment Due February 15th, 2023
- $300 Final payment Due March 1, 2023
If for some reason a participant is unable to attend, a refund may be considered minus the non-refundable amount.
Dates and Location
The 2023 National Jamboree will be Wednesday, July 19, through Friday, July 28, 2023, at the Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve. Departure day is Friday, July 28.
Additional information about the National Scout Jamboree can be found by clicking this link.